Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Europa Adventure!

Aloha all! I have had the most beautiful, incredible journey these past two months aboard Bark Europa. From colonies of penguins and seal pups, to climbing a volcano on the most remote inhabited island, sailing from freezing to tropics, and laughing through endless days and starry nights with 35 new friends...it was truly an adventure.

As with all tales, it wasn't without its hiccups. I am currently recovering from a severe infection and abscess on my leg on Ascension Island. Originally I was to continue my travels on the 18th to Israel, but instead found myself laid up in the small six bed tropical hospital with an IV drip and a steady stream of visitors. As the last Europa sailor standing on the island, everyone has flown home or continued with the ship as I recuperate for the next few days on the veranda of the islands only hotel. 

Much, much more will follow on all that I have experienced on Europa, but here are a few pictures in the meantime:




Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment